The Foundation's mission is to provide financial support for educational projects, programs, and initiatives that will enhance and enliven the classroom experience and promote excellence in West Hartford Public Schools.
The Foundation raises funds from individuals, businesses, and civic groups in the community as well as alumni nationwide. Gifts of $1,000 or more entitle the donor to honor an individual, business or civic group by having the Foundation name a grant. Once a year, certified teachers throughout the school district are invited to apply for grants ranging from $200 to $3,000 for a project that will enhance student experience, complement the curriculum and demonstrate educational merit. A Foundation committee reviews the applications with the teacher's name and school removed. After approval by the Foundation board, awards are presented in late spring of each year.
For more information or to apply for a grant, visit The Foundation's webpage HERE.
Click here to purchase notecards created by West Hartford Public School Students to support the Teacher Grant Program.
Grants Awarded to Bugbee this year:
- Alexander M. and Catherine Maus Wright Grant: African Artist In Residence~ Won-Ldy Paye Kristen Pildis, Lead Teacher & Patti Farquhar, Lindsay Bougor
- CT Historical Society Field Trip Suzanne Atwood, Lead Teacher & Valerie Hansen, Shirley Green
- Frank Webb’s Bath & Lighting Center Grant: A Day with Author/Illustrator Grace Lin Liz Nascimento, Lead Teacher
- J.P. Carroll Construction Grant: Master Mathematics with Magna-Tiles Elyse Post Perez, Lead Teacher
- Reading From A to Z Patti Farquhar, Lead Teacher & Shirley Green, Rachel Nelson, Kristen Pildis
- Rogo Distributors Grant: Making Math Fun All Year Suzanne Atwood, Lead Teacher & Valerie Hansen, Shirley Green