The Board requires evidence of state-required immunizations prior to enrollment in a West Hartford Public School. Failure to provide such evidence shall mean the student will not be enrolled.
Exceptions' Immunization requirements shall be satisfied if a student:
1. presents a certificate from a physician or a local health agency stating that initial immunizations have been given to the student and additional immunizations are in process under guidelines and schedules specified by the Commissioner of Public Health; or
2. presents a certificate from a physician stating that in the opinion of the physician, immunization is medically contraindicated because of the physical condition of the student; or
3. presents a statement from the parents or guardian of the student that such immunization would be contrary to the religious beliefs of the student; or
4. in the case of measles, mumps or rubella, presents a certificate from a physician or the Director of Health in either West Hartford or the student's previous town of residence stating that the student has had a confirmed case of such disease; or
5. in the case of hemophilus influenzae type B has passed his/her fifth birthday; or
6. in the case of pertussis, has passed his/her sixth birthday.
Legal Reference: Connecticut General Statues:
10-204a Required immunizations.
Adopted: February 8, 1988
Reviewed: June 20, 2007