The mission of Bristow Middle School, as a small learning community of choice that draws from every neighborhood school in West Hartford, is to empower all students to become passionate, lifelong learners and healthy, responsible citizens in an ever-changing world by engaging them in rigorous and innovative instruction within a supportive, dynamic environment that recognizes and respects each individual.
The Bristow Middle School staff shares the National Middle School Association’s beliefs in…
• Curriculum that is challenging, integrative, and exploratory
• Assessment and evaluation that promote learning
• Varied teaching and learning approaches
• Flexible organizational structures
• An adult advocate for every student
• Comprehensive guidance and support services
• A shared vision
• High expectations for all
• Positive school climate
• Educators committed to young adolescents
• Programs and policies that foster health, wellness, and safety
• Family and community partnerships
For reporting a student absence, please call 860-929-5233.
Creating a Safe School Climate Bristow Middle School, through our Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports System (PBIS), is dedicated to “promoting and maintaining a positive learning environment where all students are welcomed, supported, and feel socially, emotionally, intellectually and physically safe at school (Policy 5550).” Bristow students are expected to abide by the Bristow motto at all times: Work Hard. Be Safe. Be Fair. When students follow this motto, they contribute to a positive learning environment in which everyone is able to succeed.